What aspect made you pick the direct sales company you are in?

What aspect or specific reason did you pick the company you are currently in?

I am always curious as to why each person picks the company they did... Was it because of...

- The Profits /commission you make when selling
- The products were cool
- Freedom
- A friend said it was great
- or you really have no idea and starting to 2nd guess your decision now that you know what is required to make money and stay active?

candlesbychill

Asked by candlesbychill at 7:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• okay
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I picked Scentsy because I love the products and I love how generous the company is with the community and how easy it is to sell and advance.

I have small children at home and wanted something fun, i loved and that i could do around my family.

Brittany

Independent Scentsy Consultant
    brittanyhughes.scentsy.us
    Mommyto6blessin

Answer by Mommyto6blessin at 8:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Pink Dragon - Explain your okay?

Brittany - I appreciate that you have found something you enjoy!

I have enjoyed being with Mia Bella for the past 5 years because...

-Products are quality yet affordable
    -I buy products at wholesale so I make 30 - 50% right away! That is great money in my bank!
    -I do NOT have to meet any requirements to stay active or make money...simple low auto-ship at that is it!
    -Commission from team members is outstanding
    -Debt free company with the ownership have 40+ year experience in Direct Sales

And the best part is that it is Simple - Fun and allows me to be home with our daughters!!!

http://www.SimpleBellaBiz.com
    candlesbychill

Comment by candlesbychill (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My husband and I started our business from scratch. I would never do direct sales for the following reasons: saturated markets, no creative control over products, MLM, fees for things like a website or catalogues, you're nothing but a glorified salesperson.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• HotMama - I can understand how you may feel about those aspects you mentioned....MOST MLM companies or Direct Sales do set those kind of requirements on their distributors. Sad actually!!
    That is why it is SO important for those that see the benefits of Direct Sales has to EDUCATE, EVALUATE and take getting started serious. They need to ask questions as what is required and how they make money! Sadly, most DO NOT do that step and jump on board without knowing the facts and then realize they don't make $$$.
    BUT- I have been apart of a company for 5 years that does not put all the pressure or extra fees and doesn't nickel and dime me to death - I really get to have the freedom that you are speaking of not to mention amazing $$ and I had a low start up, Low overhead, no employees to worry. I started my company for only $100 and within 1 week paid that back and made money! You have to be with a company designed for YOU!!!
    candlesbychill

Comment by candlesbychill (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I chose my company because we were going to be homeless, my husband is a disabled veteran, our lawyers helped us stay in our home, when a tempp agency wouldnt pay my husband for work he did, they called on his behalf and a month and less then 24 hours after getting a call from our lawyers my husband got paid!

I have seen how people companies and governements will take advantage of you if you dont have protection, we are not criminals and we follow the law, bad things happen to good people.

I would never want someone to go through what we did, heart breaking, lonely, and wrong, my husband missed his 2nd childs birth. He didnt have to, but we went a few months with out our legalplan, and it hurt bad.

I am a protective person I ove people, I love Pre-Paid Legal.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Hot mama is wrong, because of her attitude, that is basicly degrading many woman on here, wrong, and not good for any business.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My reasoning is this: NO NEW MONEY. I'm not buying anything extra to be part of my company, all I'm doing is choosing NOT to buy the "typical" products that used to make me sick after cleaning my home. Of course, the compensation plan is a very attractive one, which is important to me because I've wasted a lot of time in the past working hard and having little to show for it.

HotMama: I don't appreciate your response at all. Building a serious direct sales business is just as time consuming as a traditional business. Direct sales companies have made the work load a little lighter with handling the legal, financial, and manufacturing, but I take my business very seriously. I'm on the phone with each customer every month making sure they're enjoying their products and to see if they need help with future orders, handling concerns, etc. And that doesn't count the work I put into my team to guide them to success.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 4:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• A business is a business. It's hard work on a consistent, every day basis to keep it profitable. And IraqiVetWife is right, it's not okay to put down other people/businesses just because you don't agree with it. Honestly, the way you just put down several companies and hard working people on HERE, I don't want to know what it would be like to do business with you and I'll sure be sticking with a LaBella Baskets Consultant for my future gift basketing needs.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 4:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It was cheap to start, everyone loves chocolate and I knew I'd make the money back in sales that I initially put into it so if I didn't like it I could quit with nothing to lose, 7 months later and I love it!!! www.dovechocolatediscoveries.com/EverythingChocolate
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2010