Help!! The Grandma Blues

My daughter hates going to her grandmothers (my Mom) house. A little Background. My husband is in the military and we have lived pretty far away from family. Since she was born we only had the one babysitter when she was about 1 1/2 years old and everything went fine. She is now 3 and we are based in my hometown so we take my DD to spend time with her Grandmother. The first time we dropped her off (outside if a restaurant) she was fine and she spent the night. Now whenever we even go in front of my moms house she has a melt down and says ("I'm scared" " I'm scared"."it's Boring") I don't get it. At this point I have decided not to let her go over there anymore. Not alone anyway. Any advice Ladies? Thanks in Advance.

Mom2princessq

Asked by Mom2princessq at 8:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• what happened at your moms that made her so scared
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• What makes you think your mom is doing something so bad that you can not drop her off their to be with her grandma???
    Is she really scare or is she rally bored? Which one is it???

Answer by louise2 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Have you asked her what scares her? I think you are doing the right thing not letting her go alone but you might want to spend a little more time over there and see if you can figure out what is bothering her. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• OP Here!! I don't think anything bad is happening at my moms, but if she dosen't like going there I'm not going to make her. Also she has said she get's bored. At home she has tons of toys and her laptop. The toys I do send to my mom's. My mom never takes them out just her Mobi-go.
    Mom2princessq

Comment by Mom2princessq (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It could just be your mom's house that she doesn't like. I wouldn't chalk it up to something happening at your moms. Houses creep me out too. I just don't feel comfortable in all houses. It has to be a certain way....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I agree with m-avi. Houses can be creepy but I would keep an eye on what is goin on
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• OP here:My moms house is like a museum and she has no toys just stuffed animals. Even when I was a kids our house was like that. At our house it's really laid back and our DD has the run of the house. My mom is pretty reserved and my husband and I play with her a lot.
    Mom2princessq

Comment by Mom2princessq (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Well, that sort of explains it...........like a museum, no toys out, mom being reserved. Maybe you could ask your mom to bake cookies with her, or have ideas for activities and suggest them to your mom to make things seem more fun over there. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If you do every thing your DD says. Does and does not want to do. You are going to have a lot of fun in the future raising her. Or I should say she raising you. Because that is what it sound like what is happening to me. She is the parent not you. Everything is not FUN in life. She needs to learn that.

Answer by louise2 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• is there more to why she doesnt wanna go?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2010