Does the show Downsized depress anyone else?

This family's definition of "downsized" is how I have lived my whole life lol. All I have left to cut is cable (and the early termination fee is more expensive than I can afford to pay) and Internet service, which we pay $51 for. I have cut ALL other fat from our lives. All of it. We buy all clothes second hand. We shop the sales in groceries, keep the heat at 65 degrees, etc. And this woman was spending a butt ton of money on Starbucks. LAME :p

What could you cut if you had to?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• They are still rich little brats and now they have to work and all they do is WHINE. I wont be watching it again.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Nope, I like it. If we had to cut, I would start with shopping and eating out. Luckily we don't need to cut, and are enjoying the fruits of our labor.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yeah, but needing to understand. You and I have lived our entire lives like that. People who have had a lot don't always understand what luxuries are. And at the end of the show she DID find a way to stop Starbucks. I actually thought it was really sweet how the kids had a part in it, and gave up their sports even though they were sad.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Hubby watched one and when he was telling me about it, it basically disgusted me. I have had to cut things and may have to again since the government is not giving the elderly and disabled a raise for the second year in a row but prices keep going up.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yeah i watched a few episodes but to me it seems the dad(step) isn't doing anything. just posting his flyers and when they do have a job his kids are doing the work. they were use to living in a expensive life and not realizing that something could happen if they weren't careful with their money. but now they are suffering. sad to see though.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have to think about that. Lol. I watched the preview for that and I think it look like a good show. But they seem like some snobby and ungrateful people by the comment the blonde headed girl made in the supermarket. Being on food stamps isn't everything but at least you have food. I may not have money like that but at least I'm a grateful person.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2010