Moving to a new home, three hours away.

My 10 yr old will be fine, because we lived there when he was 4-6 and has friends there. I'm wondering if my 2 and 1 yr olds will have trouble with the move or if they won't know the difference? Ways to make the move easier on all of us?

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We moved shortly after my two year olds birthday and it really didnt effect him any. Though when we go to our other house (we are temporary renting in town because where we used to live is over an hour and a half from my hospital I will be delivering at) he whines that his bed is gone.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• well i moved when my son was 1yo (3 days after his birthday actually!). it took him a while to get adjusted. he couldn't sleep in his new room at first. he missed our family and friends (we moved to a completely new place), but i just tried to keep our routine and made sure that i set up his room right away, unpacked his toys, etc. and that helped some too. it might take awhile, but they'll be ok.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• sleep may be affected but hopefully with their things around them they'll adjust
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2010