sick and pregnant

Is there anything i can take for my cold? I'm pregnant but I'm not that far along I'm still in my first trimester

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Most medicines are actually not safe to take until your second or third trimester if at all. You should be able to google a list online.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Hate to say it, but no. Especially in your first trimester. Make sure you are drinking LOTS of water.. you can drink orange juice. Make sure to eat healthy. There is a cough syrup you can take, I dont know if you can in your first trimester.. its called Delsyum (I think). I hope you feel better soon!
    Sarahe786

Answer by Sarahe786 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• even if you're not pregnant, cold medicines don't do anything to get rid of a cold. the best thing you can do for a cold is stay hydrated, try to eat and put a vaporizer in your bedroom. get plenty of rest (well try to) and you'll be fine. cold medicine is such a rip off!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If I remember correctly I know I got a really bad cold a couple times with my second baby and if I remember I think they doctor told me all I could take was either tylenol or benydrel
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yeah I pretty much got told Tylenol was it :( Being pregnant and sick is the worst! Hope you get to feeling better!
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 8:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Actually, green tea with a little bit of honey and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar is GOOD for colds--no medication needed. ;)

Honey is what works for coughs

Green tea helps boost immune and fends off your cold faster..

ACV is good for everything else--including stomach flu, food poisening, even arthritis in some cases

ALL are natural and wont harm the baby :)
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2010