Drinking on a diet

So i'm trying really hard to loose some weight before my DH comes home from his deployment and our trip to Vegas.

I am a big wine drinker but i know it's really high in sugar and calories (Chardonnay). I count my calories b/c it's just about the only way I can loose weight. I'm wondering if I should let myself splurge and have a glass or two.

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• why don't you just include it on your calorie count? or limit it to your day off. i also count calories and that's what i would do if i liked wine (which i don't lol). also you could just go to the store and look at the different varieties of wine....some may have fewer calories than others. and make sure you're measuring out according to the portion size on the label,whatever that might be. it will probably be different than how much you normally pour into your wine glass (some of them are big lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Actually...every diet book and diet Ive ever been on said that if you are going to drink at all then drink white wine. So do it! lol =)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Add it to your calorie count alcohol tends to have a LOT of calories in it.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• White wine is also as good for your heart as red. I can justify my response if anyone begs to differ..lol....It also keeps your blood pressure at a good reading and lowers colesterol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Add it into calorie count and just cut back on something else that day. They say a glass of wine a day keeps the doctor away!!! When I was trying weight watches and wanted to go and a have a beer I added it into my total points allowed for the day and sometimes cut back on other stuff the next day too just in case!!! Good luck with the weight loss!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Drinking on a diet is fine--as long as you "budget" your calories.

Basically it's easy...don't have any sugary "mixed drinks" like Pinacolodas, or margaritias--one margarita contains up to 500 calories!!

What I do if I really need a drink--is reach for a shot of hard liquer (I'm only a social drinker, so I hardly ever drink)..or one glass of whine..something like Diet and Crown or Diet and vodka...but no "fancy" cocktails...maybe a very low-cal beer too. That's about it. I don't have those fancy drinks anymore. ;)
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If you drink a little more, do a little more exercise. If you consume more calories than you burn, you will gain weight and vice versa.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Why not make it your treat at the end of the week? If you've stayed on plan, have a glass or two.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Work out. Drink more water. Only drink once a week.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• cut it down & count those calories
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011