Why is everyone so shocked that people are rude on the internet? Will we ever move on?

I'm not saying it's okay. But it's part of being online, not just here, anywhere. What one person thinks is rude, may be what another person really needed to hear. Yes there is always the junior high stuff, but why give it anymore attention? I guess the way I grew up, rude doesn't deserve a response. When are we just going to ignore the truly rude and move on? Everyone isn't going to like me, I'm okay with that. :)

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree. Another issue though is that not everyone reads the question the same way. Not everyone interprets a question the same way. Not everyone is capable of reading emotions on the internet. Then again, sometimes people don't want to hear the truth, but rather prefer someone to take pity on them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Rude people are everywhere. At Mcdonalds, Target, School, Cafemom...everywhere.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• m avi,couldn't have said it better. We don't know where the person is coming from totally if we aren't face to face!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• People are rude and I'm sure some people have thought that of me at times. I guess I can be rude when I think a CM member is being semi-abusive of her child, or a bigot, or intolerant.

But you're right, there are lots of different types of people here, including those who are just plain rude!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• People who are bigots or use filthy language ....not good There is no excuse for gross posts or for bigoted and prejudiced posts.And there should not be name-calling and "ganging up" on posters.

. But there are times when a question is asked and  the answer is not what they want to hear,even if it is good advice. SO, then  they are offended that it is not what they want to hear, take it as an insult. Too sensitive. If you can't handle the truth, don't ask a question.OK? Some people think hearing the truth or hearing good advice is a criticism. That is silly. Some of the posts are so illiterate and so hard to read and I just skip them. If I mention that there is a misspelled word, then all hell breaks loose and people hate me. Ha. Sorry.... but I thought in these modern times that all people do go to school. And there IS a spellcheck function if you click on "use full editor".

kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010