• In the Spotlight:

How to get pregnant quickly...

I've been on the patch 1 year. I'm in the middle of a cycle on the patch (first patch of the month... When I decide I do want to get pregnant can I just take the patch of and start trying right away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart!!!

No faster way than to know EXACTLY when you are fertile!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yep but often those hormones will stay in your system a while and interfere with you getting pregnant quickly.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, but regardless, there isn't anything you can do to get pregnant right away. That's up to biology. Just don't have sex constantly, it lowers your partners sperm count. GL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I lost 25 lbs a few months before I became pregnant....my Dr said the fairly large weight loss probably jump started my ovulation....I got pregnant the VERY first time we had unprotected sex :)

Not sure if you need to loose weight...but thought I would offer a suggestion anyways...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes you can. I missed my BC last month...I think I'm already pregnant!! Same thing happened the last time I got off my BC..pregnant right away!!
    Anonymous

• Keep up with your cycles so you know when you are ovulating. For example my cycles averaged 28 days so I knew around day 14 or 15 I was ovulating. When I decided to TTC I got pregnant in less than a month.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 9:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Its possible but sometimes it takes awhile for your body to get back to normal after birth control. Good luck.
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 10:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It can take a year to get pregnant. I went off the patch and was pregnant with my son within 2 months.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i got of the pill and had a positive 3 months later, Good luck ,just go with the flow, practice is fun at least ;)
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I had an IUD and I had it taken out, tested 3 weeks later and I was pregnant. I got pregnant right away after removal, but not sure what hormones affect your body with the patch.....ask your doc!
    rbailey2414

Answer by rbailey2414 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010