my 5 year old son is a very good listiner at school with his teacher how can i get him to listin to me?

my son is acting like i am not home all the times. he dosent listin when i tel him to do anything and he acts like he dosent understand me when i talk. when i talk he just stares at me and not moving and not saying anything. but in school his teatcher says he is a good boy and he listins and flolow the rules. is he playing with me or he knows he can get what he wants living and acting like a dummy who doent know how to do anything around me. it is shoking to me that he knows what is doing and he is smarter then me.

nadin8

Asked by nadin8 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That sounds exactly like my nephew hes 6 though he listen real good to his teacher in school he does everything he suppose to do while hes in school but when he comes home he acts like he doesnt have to listen to anybody or do what they tell him to do when someone yells at him he just stares at them and doesnt say anything back and then goes right back to what he was doing before he got yelled at its probably just a faze that your son is going through cus my nephew go through fazes every week or so pretty soon he will straighten out in a couple of weeks hopefully good luck to you :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'm guessing he's in Kindergarten. I think this is pretty normal. He is at school having to listen and behave all day, so when he gets home he is acting up a little because he's used up all his listening and obeying during class time.

Going to school is a really hard transition. Give him some time and he'll most likely get better! Be patient - I know it is hard, I remember!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I feel you on this one. I have a 5.5 year old dd she is I guess really good at school. One of the best students (is what her teacher says). And she says she is very good in class and doesn't ever have problems with her. But when she is at home she doesn't listen to me at all (only dad) and she is supper hyper you would think she had adhd if you seen her because of how hyper she is. But oviously it can't be adhd if she is really good at school. So I wish I new why she was so hyper at home than at school. She sits at school, but at home she can't even sit long enough to do her homework lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• oh and my dd was even like this before she started school. I thought for sure they were going to tell me either she had adhd or that she wont listen or even that she isn't ready for kindergarden (because she sdoesn't listen) lol, but nope she does really well.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010