what kind of "special treatment" does your MIL ask for or have to have..?

I'm still clueless as to what some may consider "special treatment"..lol. asking your dh to hang something? giving your dh a hug? what is it?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• She doesn't ask for anything anymore,because she moved 13 hours away. She did think she was allowed to plan and cancelmonus at any time. She thought she could tell everyone false stories and we would never find out. No we give her nothing to lie about and we don't make plans with her.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Well my Ex Mil demanded to be able to take my son on demand (that didn't go over well for her), she insisted on calling AT LEAST 5 times a day to talk to my Ex DH and when I told her he wasn't home she hung up on me. She demanded to watch my son if she hadn't seen him in a week and when she finally watched him she would always call and say we needed to pick him up hours earlier than planned (ruining our plans). She demanded that I bottle feed (I breastfed), demanded I put baby cereal in his bottle when he was only a month old....oh I could go ON and ON......

Luckily my current MIL is amazing and she doesn't demand anything. She is a very loving and caring woman.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• When we would speak to that horrible woman she demanded ALL control. She wanted to plan my wedding, then she wanted to controll how I took care of my first baby ( what I dressed him in, how long I bf him, etc.) She couldn't come over to my house without trying to cotrol everything and even went as far as to yelling at me like I was her 10 year old child...she is a terrible person and we nolonger communicate with her....she has done many other things and dh doesn't want her aeound uf that's hw she's going to be
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Mine lives in eastern washington (I'm in utah) so she doesn't demand anything. I'm actually lucky both her and my FIL are very nice and caring people. They'll do anything for us if we need them too.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 9:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have never met mine nor spoken with her. She thinks I am out to use my husband and that our kids arent his and that I cheat. And she lives a two days drive away and has never spoken with me. o.O
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I am a rare woman and absolutely love my MIL! I know I am extremely lucky! She had 4 sons, so once a girl has won her approval they are taken under her wing and she protects them like they were her own girls. All of her sons have so far found girls that need a second mom so it works out well. The only special treatment mine asks for is that we NEVER cook for her or bring food to her house because of serious food issues (Celiacs) she has. She also is a Jehovah's Witness and my hubby is one of the 2 sons that didn't follow in the religion. She is fine with that, but we have to be careful what we say in front of her. Saying "Oh my god!" (or anything else that takes the Lord's name in vain) really offends her!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 9:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2010