How do you feel about people being judged on their looks?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 9:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Everyone does it but that doesnt make it right. Its human nature. Youre not gonna buy a bruised banana even though it may taste great lol. But really its just life and its not fair. Never judge a book by its cover
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That's a very broad question. My initial response is, that's just wrong. In reality, though, it's unavoidable. If I'm out in the park with my kid and a sleezy looking guy with tats and piercings and a cigarret hanging out of his mouth is hanging around, I'm going to feel uneasy. Isn't that judging a person by their looks? Or if I get asked for help by someone who obviously hasn't bothered taking care of their appearance, I'm going to think twice rather than someone who is doing what they can to take care of themselves under the circumstances.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think thats awful cus there apparance on the outside doesnt mean nothing its all about whats in the inside thats what matters to me im not trying to be mean but the ugly people can be the most sweetest people you'll ever meet thats just my opinion .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• its unfair.
    i work at a thrift store downtown and we get a range of people in our store. the other day an older gentlemen came up to me and was genuinly concerned that some teenagers might be trying to steal a coat.
    he said something along the lines of that they were looking at leather jackets, went to look at shoes, came back to the jackets and went across the store, before coming back to the jackets.
    i told him i would tell my supervisor so i went and told him. he had me find someone to follow them around. (basically she would go to the mens section and "clean up" while keeping an eye on them)
    but a few minutes later i saw them in LINE, PAYING for a few things.

they were about 21ish, one had long black hair down his back, one was short and had dreads and the other had a shaggy beard. i really think that the reason the older gentlemen thought they were suspicious is because of their looks.

ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• One of my "closest" childhood girlfriends has made a lot of changes in her life and now looks like a completely fake bimbo. I know her well enough to know that she's not a bimbo, but I can't help but wonder what's going on inside her that would make her want to look like that. I just feel like I don't understand her anymore. Is that judging a person's appearance?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• depends...is it what they are wearing or the face they were born with. they get to pick their clothes, but not their color, face, or hair. on the other hand i could see judging someone on their stupidity of having repeat facial surgeries for cosmetic purposes.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• (cont)
    not that he is at fault or anything. i mean our perceptions are based on our past experience so I'm not singling that gentleman* out and saying he's a bad guy for thinking it.

but its just so obvious sometimes that people DO judge people
    i mean it is human nature after all

(*oops just realized i was spelling gentlemAn wrong this whole time :P)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think it depends. If they look and smell as if they hadn't showered or brushed their teeth in weeks...well....lol. And if they dress like they are hookers off of the street many will assume they are slutty. Or how about if they are obese and their stomach is hanging over their pants and below thier shirt? Is the way they look genetic or lack of class or cleanlieness. There are too many things to consider with this question to give a distinct answer.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have been told flat out I am ugly and I am not concerned about those people I am about to be the head of a fortune five thousand company.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It's horrible and like judging a book by its cover.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010