How do you become a tarot reader

I'm very interested in becoming a reader and can you read little kids or do they have to be older than 10 years old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Practice. Some come by it naturally, some need to work at it.
    There are beginners decks and the like... but, they do not work for all.
    I am not sure on the children though... I never read for anyone under 18 before... never crossed my mind to do so.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 9:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Are you talking about doing it professionally or just in your spare time for yourself, friends, family, etc.? Either way, it takes a lot of patience and practice and finding the right deck. Most people that I know who read tarot (myself included) picked up their deck and just felt that it was theirs. It's hard to explain. There are also tons of books out there about learning tarot. As far as reading for minors, if they're your children or you have permission from their parents, I don't see that it would be a problem. But if it's just random kids, I wouldn't do it, personally. If you have more questions, you can send me a message if you want to.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Go to your local metaphysical store and ask if you can be one of their readers. Offer to do a reading for them to see if they like your style. Also look for festivals in your area that attract earth based religions.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• buy a deck and start getting familiar with the cards.. you can read a book but getting familiar with the pictures and what is going on in each card is usually the best way to learn. BTW they have decks for children out there if you look hard enough.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 1:25 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yes! Practice Practice Practice!!!

And I do NOT do readings for anyone under 15-16ish. It seems unethical to me.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You have to study to learn the cards. Be comfortable with the deck you work with. Be patient, and practice, practice, practice! Everyone has rules when it comes to kids. Personally I dont think that doing a tarot reading on a child of any age is a good idea. Tarot readings can only tell you so much, and children are constant change. I think reading a child wouldn't help very much. Besides they can and will block you if they are uncomfortable or scared. I recommend you try another divination method AFTER you have already tried other solutions.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2010