Obama supporters. Are you going to celebrate? Did you celebrate?

What or how are you going to celebrate Obama's victory? our victory.

We are getting together at my house tomorrow for a celebration before the out ofstate workers/volunteers go back home. I still can't believe it. I can't stop smiling.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 11:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• OOHPFG Even sane republicans can agree that this is awesome for our country.

I keep telling people here that the decent republicans are not the ones posting hate. I'm glad you went to the party and I bet you had fun. you are absolutely right. love that statement.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We probably won't be doing anything special. We're just still happy and hopeful =] The world has seemed just a little bit brighter these past two days.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• definitely brighter.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:03 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Nah. I did (and am still doing) an internal victory dance, but since I live in a "split" household (my Hubby voted for McCain), it wouldn't go over to well for me to throw a party, LOL.

We are aware of our different political beliefs, but in order to "keep the peace", we don't engage in frequent political conversations.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• that's good diplomacy Dustermommy. Hubby is not into politics. He voted for Obama. He asks me to research candidates and tell him which one I think is best and he goes by that. so it's easy for me.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Hopefully I'll be getting the phone call I've been waiting on, and we can gush over our win,lol. I know how happy he must be.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 12:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I went to a party on Wednesday evening thrown by a Republican. He and his wife voted for McCain, and they really thought he was going to win, but they still kept the plans for the party. It was really nice actually, no one bashed anyone else or even talked about politics. Even sane republicans can agree that this is awesome for our country.
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 12:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I went to a party and they had both red AND blue balloons even tho it was technically an Obama party. I thought it was a really nice touch, because you can't (or shouldn't) ignore the good in both parties.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My family went out for dinner the night of the 4th. We figured it may be our last time to Hoo-haa depending on who won. As it turns out, the person who I thought was worse for the economy won and we'll have to start saving money and not spending as much until we find out how things are going to unfold. We'wern't celebrating Obama, but I'm glad we did something!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• YES ! YES ! I'M SO HAPPY I CAN NOW TELL MY DAUGHTER SHE BE ANYTHING SHE WANTS TO BE I LOVE IT !!!
    sweetchrissy

Answer by sweetchrissy at 5:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2008