How do I get my child onto magazines?

I have a 2 and 1/2 year old daughter, who is absolutely beautiful and photogenic. She also have a lovely personality.

I've been asked by nearly everyone we encounter WHY I haven't tried get her some modeling gigs?

I'd like to know how I can get her in some magazine ads? I'm talking about things such as modeling toddler clothes for different retailers...stuff like that. I'm not interested in beauty pageants.

Does anyone know how/where I can start?

Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I've went through explore talent and the only thing with them is you need to have a portfolio started because what they will do is ask you to pay about $200 for a yrs worth of their web time that ppl can go onto to look at your daughters pictures also they will call you. If you do decide to go through them send me an email I have thier number and I can give you a couple of the agents names that I have delt with through there that are really super nice
    nicolesteele7

Answer by nicolesteele7 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• The only thing I know about is to try to get her into casting calls.  Here is a link that I know about:  Explore Talent

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You need to research modeling clubs in your area. Or look for casting companies and see if you can get on their mailing lists.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Check out local casting calls.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Bump
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You can also look to see if there are any *reputable* talent agencies in your area. You can ask around to other moms you know.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:22 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• In NY they have casting calls and if I remember correctly the money goes into a trust fund for the baby and the parent gets a commission. My cousin's brother's daughter does this now. It is very good money but they grow up quick. They start really young and will exclude the baby if she looks too skinny. It actually works in reverse with babies. LOL. GL.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

Could you please provide the name of the company they work for? An email address or a website? Perhaps a phone number?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010