Low soft cervix and ovulation

I have a low soft and somewhat open cervix and tested positive for an ovulation kit. What does this mean?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The cervix is supposed to be high; however, it can gradually move that way. When you get a positive OPK that typically means that you will ovulate in 24-48 hours but they can be off a bit so your cervix might just not be at it's peak yet.

Are you checking your cervix in the morning or the evening?

I've noticed that my cervix is typically lower in the evening no matter what part of my cycle I'm in. I check it every morning at 9am.

Either way if all of your other signs are pointing to FERTILE then you should BD!!

What is your cervical fluid looking like?
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Get down to the business girl lol what are you waiting for .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• yeah but I thought your cervix was at your highest when you are ovulating. Not low like mine.
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I had what I thought was EWCM on Tuesday then bd tues, wed, so mostly seminal fluid. However, if I saw EWCM on Tuesday why would I just now get a postive OPK on thursday and have low soft open cervix? I just don't know.
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It entirely possible. Most people (myself included) have up to 5 days of fertile fluid. You usually have the MOST the day you before you ovulate.

Just keep having intercourse as long as you have a fertile cervix and you see a temp rise.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• still why is my cervix so low. Then today I had super runny creamy cervical mucus (Sorry TMI) I mean a lot just falling out. Usually my creamy cervical mucus forms peaks but this didn't. And my cervix feels firmer and a tad higher. I am starting to check mornings only.
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Are you BBT charting as well?

The cervix will gradually move higher and is usually it's highest on the peak day so it being a little low really isn't a big deal as long as all the other signs look good.

Does the current creamy mucus look kind of like milk? Like watery milk?

Also are you breastfeeding?

The reason I ask is because I experienced a similar situation with back and forth CM and CP for a few days. I'm breastfeeding and from what I've read when you are ovulating for the first couple of times you're body can do some "practice runs" during the cycle until the "big finish" aka ovulation.

I started having the milky CM last friday, my cervix moved higher, then Sunday I had a little thick EWCM, the Monday it was LHC (low, hard and closed) with creamy CM. I hadn't been BBT charting because I'm an idiot so I just assumed I had ovulated Sunday.

That was UNTIL the next day my cervix was REALLY high, soft
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• and open with watery CM that progressed into MASSIVE amounts of EWCM throughout the day. I'm thinking (and HOPING) this is the real deal since I now have the true EWCM.

I am back to BBT charting but it's not going to help me much without my prior temps. I won't make this mistake again.

Anyways long story short if you are breastfeeding that MAY explain your systems. If you chart BBT and have a chart I can look at I can help you more.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ChartGallery/index.php

You can go here to look at charts of other women that are breastfeeding if that's the case.

Otherwise type in the criteria that matches YOUR situation and it will pull up some charts for you to look at so you can see what other women have experienced when TTC.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Thanks for the info. I stopped breastfeeding two months ago and had my first pp af last month as well. I used OPK for three months and had a positive one last month then had my period 11 days later.

Update yes like watery milk. But then went to bathroom 2 hours ago and a lot of very very stretchy clear CM has to be EWCM. I got a positive ovulation test yesterday but saw some EWCM on tueday as well...soo....
    I hope this is the real deal because I this is our 5th month of TTC which I know I know isn't long but...
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2010