What is the cheapest thing someone you know has done?

There is a difference between being frugal and being cheap. Do you have any good stories on a "cheap" person.
I know someone who will reuse their dental floss, they rinse it off and reuse it the next time.

tony1638

Asked by tony1638 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If my ex-boyfriend's' father didn't use the other side of the q-tip he would put it back in the box. Yuck!
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• my dad had a friend who was too cheap to buy a christmas tree for his family. He went out and got a tumbleweed and put a string of lights on it instead.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have used a prepaid postage envelope, like a junkmail one, and covered the address with who I was sending a letter to. That is the cheapest thing I have done.
    My mother used a douch bottle to water the plants. That is cheap.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Oh, yeah, and my dad dumpster dives! He is soooooo proud of his findings.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• That's...gross.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 9:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• EWWWWW NASTY
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have a friend who told her 7 year old Santa wasnt real just so she wouldnt have to buy so many gifts....he only gets 2 from her....SAD....
    Anonymous

• Same as my dad. He goes dumpster diving but only if its in plain sight. He doesn't do it much anymore thank goodness. It's embarrassing when I'm with him and he does it.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

My daughter's dad did that! He actually already had the tumbleweed. Didn't even have to go look for one!
    Anonymous

• OH- my mom used to have us wash all the baggies we used and we would re-use them over and over again...I HATED washing the stupid baggies!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010