Why is being passive aggressive better?

Seems to be an epidemic lately. Someone gets their panties in a twist over how someone answers their question, so they run to the ACM section to write a post about "mean people", knowing full well that the first reaction will be for people to try and search their history to see what question and which "mean" person set them off. How does venting your anger at someone that way make you ANY better than the people you're complaining about? Counting just what's on the first page of the section right now, that's what, about a half dozen people who have lost their big girl panties? What exactly is that vent accomplishing?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in About CafeMom

• About what this vent is accomplishing lol. Makes them feel better.

I just avoid those questions.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• clapping

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• LOL! I love irony.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• About what this vent is accomplishing lol.

I'm not venting, though - I'm seriously asking. ToS prevents me from calling out those half dozen posters by name, otherwise they would each be listed in the question, asking for their reasoning. Best I can do if see if they notice the question when they come back to their pity parties. I want to know what exactly they expect to accomplish with those questions...it's why I ended mine with a question mark.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You make a good point

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Oh the irony in this post.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• People who don't understand the definition of "Irony" are quite ironic.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Because it makes people feel better, just like it made you feel better to post this question.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

But it didn't make me feel better. None of the passive aggressive posters answered it. One of them did start a whole new trol, errr vent post last night advocating a CM gestapo to go around and anonymously report everyone they don't like, but CM shut it down for being obnoxious.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010