Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im way more lost then i ever thought possiable

Ive been with my husband for about 5 years and we have two kids. About 2 years ago i almost divorced my husband but he asked me to try again and i have and things have alone gotten worse. I try to make it work for out kids but I just cant be happy. Well ive recently got a boyfriend and he wants me to finally file for divorce but i cant bring myself to do it because he has a medical problem and i feel like i need to be here to take care of him. I have tried tons of times to tell my husband that im not happy and want out of the marriage but he ignores it and acts like i never brought it up, i know its not what he wants to here but its something i cant ignore, how am i suppose to talk to someone that wont listen.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • You don't have to get his consent to get a divorce. If you want out, stop talking to him about it and just start the proceedings. And definitely don't stay to take car of him. You will just be miserable. I know it sounds like you would be a piece of shit. But if you are miserable it's not good for either one of you if you keep this going.

    Answer by hopelessnance at 11:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

  • well if you are cheating on your husband you should get a divorce.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

  • get a lawyer. that usually makes people listen.

    Answer by WesAndNicksMom at 11:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

  • Tell him you're cheating on him with your boyfriend...he will probably change his mind about the divorce then. ARE cheating even if you haven't had sex with him your boyfriend yet.


    Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

  • I dont consider is cheating because we are legeally seperated but ive been pushing off the divorce part

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

  • Getting a bf was not a good idea so I wonder if any of the unhappiness is a result of how you are handling your relationship and what you are expecting. Are you expecting your husband to change to make you happy? Give you a divorce? I think you need to break it off with the bf for your own sake. Then start working on what you can change and look inward for answers to your problems. Find a counselor who can help you out. It's very hard to do all alone. You and your family are worth it.

    Answer by manna1qd at 12:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2008