Anyone else hate being alone?

I can be alone and I can be a single mom. I can survive without someone, but I really don't want to. I feel so lonely right now. I'm in a state where I have no family and very few friends. I just long for someone to hold me. Blah...anyone else feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• i really don't mind being alone, at first i hated it, now i like it. i hate sharing my bed!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• on vacationYikes.. No. I love being by myself. I moved away from family and friends. Children are out on their own. Husband travels a lot. It's just me and the dog most of the time and we LOVE it!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I guess in a way you could say I am a single mom because I am not with my daughters dad. I started dating someone else when she was 1. I am still with him and now we are expecting a baby. Some family friends got him into some serious trouble and now he is sitting in jail. He is probably going to be there for a quite a while. I had moved in with his mom(someone that I knew but not all that well and was nowhere near being close with) along with his sister(which is too wrapped up in this guy she just started seeing to hang out with me) and going to school full time with girls that I chit chat with at school but never hang out with them outside of school. Before he went to jail is when I moved in with his mom which is in a different state and town far away from anyone I know. I feel lost and sometimes wish I had more ppl to talk to that is why I made a profile on here:) can totally relate
    nicolesteele7

Answer by nicolesteele7 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• This is my first time alone. I'm used to living alone but all my kids moved with their kids to another state and reality that I'm alone is setting in. I don't mind being alone. Just don't like feeling all alone. SO is gone for a while so it's just me and my shadow! Some days it sucks and my birthday is next week. I'd love a hug for that day but am sure that won't happen unless I give it to myself

Answer by admckenzie at 10:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I went through that phase after my divorce, it's just that aching loneliness in the core of your being...I started doing yoga, and time heals..really it does. Try and make some new friends, just force yourself out of your shell, if you can, get a dog, give it time, it will get better GL
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Thanks you guys...I appreciate it. Gypsy...you described it perfectly when you said..."it's just that aching loneliness in the core of your being".

It will help when I'm closer to family and friends, but right now it just feels so unbearable. Like I said...I'm capable of being alone, I just don't want to be. It's not in a co-dependant kind of way, it's just a longing to be part of someone else's life...kwim? I've actually grown a lot in the past few months and I believe the best is yet to come!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2010