I promise I'm not as clueless as I may sound....just slightly confused

Ok...so...I know how periods and ovulating, etc work...but I have a question anyways. My doctor prescribed me progesterone to make me ovulate (I wasn't after coming off Depo). I'm supposed to take it 10days each month and then a couple days later, my period is supposed to start. So...I'm assuming my most fertile days are during the 10days I'm taking the progesterone, which I get. My question is this...last month I took Progesterone Nov 13-22, started period on 25...I'm assuming this month should be the same...IF I happen to get pregnant this month, would I still get my "period" with it being so close together, ya know? I'm asking because that wouldn't even be 2wks to possibly be able to show on an HPT. Again, and I feel like this is a stupid question, but when people can go a couple months (my SIL went 9 months) not knowing they're pregnant, I'm curious. And I know every woman is different, but I guess I'm asking in a perfect pregnancy...if I happened to get pregnant during those 10days..would I still have my "period"?

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 10:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• When I was ttc my 3rd I continued with my progesterone until I was about 12 weeks. I did not get my period at all. I had a slight amount of bleeding after the IUI; and implantation bleeding, but it was insignificant and there was no way it could have been confused with my period. I do remember saying "oh darn" then feeling relief when the blood test came back bfp.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Bumping for you..
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• maybe maybe not ! everybody is different ! you can have your period while your pregnant
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i know...that's kinda why I asked...

I guess my question should be more SHOULD I get my "period" or SHOULD I skip it...???
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You can NOT have a true period while pregnant. You can have implantation or hormonal bleeding that mimics a period but since a "period" is the shredding of the uterine lining you do NOT have a period while pregnant. SO if you get a period you are most likely NOT pregnant.

The only way to know when you are fertile is to check your cervical mucus and chart BBT to confirm ovulation.

The progestrone will probably be needed throughout the first trimester if you are already lacking it to prevent miscarriage.
    Anonymous

• the truth is how long were you on depo for cos i came off it in jan of this year n my periods didnt start back up until like may, it can take upto a year before you fall pregnant when i was trying for my first child it took me a whole from coming off the depo before i fell n then after her i went back im now 12weeks pregnant n we werent even trying for this one but we are happy
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I was on Depo for 4.5yrs...didn't have a period for 5yrs....and got my last one almost 2yrs ago, so it's possible that I can become pregnant. But when I started back on them in January, they were extremely irregular, and I thought it was just my body adjusting back into a cycle, but after 10months of that and then thinking I was pregnant, i went to the dr and he said I wasn't ovulating, so that's why he put me on progesterone...to make me ovulate.
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2010