BYO Appetizer :)

Tomorrow I'm kicking the kids out of the house for the night (thanks g-ma and g-pa) and having a girl's night at my house. We decided that we would have everyone bring their favorite appetizer to share. I'm totally stumped! I have no idea what to make lol. What are some of your favorite appetizers that you have made or would like to see made at a party?

annabsmommy

Asked by annabsmommy at 10:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• mini bagels w/pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese is what I've made before
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• everyone asks for me to make spinach artichoke dip! but this lady made a special carrot cake cheeseball, i know it sounds odd but it was like the best thing ever!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'm easy. I looovvee bread and spinach dip.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• mini loaded baked potatoes...always a winner!
    brooklynohlordy

Answer by brooklynohlordy at 10:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Every party I go get I get hounded to make a Buffalo Hot Wing Dip (it's not my recipe, I found it in a cookbook). People get pissed if I don't make it:

3cups cooked, cubed chicken (I just guess amount)
    2cups shredded cheese (calls for cheddar...I use the mix)
    12oz hot wing sauce (I use Moore's...I've used Hooters but it's WAAAAY more greasy)
    8oz Ranch dressing
    16oz room-temp cream cheese (room-temp just makes it easier to mix)

Blend all together and bake 45min at 350degrees. Will be greasy when coming out of oven, especially depending on what kind of hot sauce you use...the less butter in sauce the less greasy)...I use paper towels to soak up grease. And serve with tortilla chips.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 10:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I also make spinach artichoke dip, or baby burritos, hummus and babaganoush with pitas to dip,
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• queso, one tube sausage, one box velveeta, and one jar salsa, garlic salt and pepper
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I haven't gotten the recipe yet but bacon rolls are yummy. Bacon wrapped around a whole waterchestnut in Chil sauce. I love the traditional ham rolls with onion or whatever wrapped inside with cream cheese. Another idea is vegetable pizza . Baked potato bar was a winner at the last party I attended. Nachos sound good. Good luck!
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 10:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yummmm ladies! Thank you!!
    annabsmommy

Comment by annabsmommy (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Here is my tried and true cocktail meatball recipe that I have at every party we host. The kids and my pickiest eater friend insist that we have these! And the best part is that you don't need to make the meatballs, it works just as well with a bag of frozen meatballs I discovered.....shhhhhh!

1 pound of frozen meatballs (or home made)
    Put the meatballs in a slow cooker and add the following:
    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    1 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    Mix together and heat on low for 2 hours or all day. Hint: the longer this cooks, the better it gets!

If you like some heat, you can add some red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce.

Serve with plates and little tooth picks!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010