how long do peel and stick tiles last?

The apartment I live in is aranged is a very strange fashion so we are using what was originally a bedroom as our dining room and it has carpet. (Bleh) anyways our landlord said he would replace the carpet with linoleum for us after we sign our second lease (yes hes bribing us) but I was considering putting down peel and stick as a temporary fix.

My question is how long before they start deteriorating? I know they eventually start breaking and coming up but could I get 6 months out of them?

SaturnsMom

Asked by SaturnsMom at 10:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The one in my bathroom lasted years (until a certain someone spilled water while showering and didn't dry it up). Make sure not to get them wet because they will be ruined if you don't dry it thoroughly. Check with your landlord before you do though.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 10:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Years? wow thats awesome. Of course I always get permission before doing anything in here but so far he has yet to tell me no to anything. Weve been allowed to paint, rewallpaper and the like. All the carpet in the apartment was meant to be pulled and replaced before we moved in but a bathroom renovation went over budget and we decided to forego the new carpet. so since its coming up regardles I doubt he will say no.
    SaturnsMom

Comment by SaturnsMom (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My sister put some in her kitchen when she ran out of funds on a renovation. Hers lasted 3 years!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It all depends on how much you spend on them. Ones in the bargain section will last 1 - 3 years. My inlaws put in more expensive ones in their kitchen 7 years ago and they still look great.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I put some of the cheap ones in a couple of bedrooms 10 years ago and it's still there. We replaced the kitchen vinyl with cheap tiles last year and it's still looking good. The nice part is that you can replace one or two tiles if they wear too much or get damaged (be sure to buy a few extra!)
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My entire house is done in peel and stick tiles from Big Lots. We've had it for 4 years and counting. We are putting in wood floors next year, and just gonna do it over the tiles.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• depends how u look after it and what'trauma' they go through i guess lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:15 AM on Dec. 13, 2010