cold meds

Is there any cold med that I can give my 21month old?

Emmasmom2009

Asked by Emmasmom2009 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just saw a honey based natural cough syrup the other day for children 2 and up (I would say 21 months is close if they are average size in weight)
    Otherwise just regular honey is supposed to soothe a cough... vaporizer in the room to help with secretions, baby vicks, tyenol and motrin if your baby seems to be achy or feverish
    Triaminic also makes a nasal spray that really helps... we use it only before bed if my son is super congested.

Cough meds can be given but ONLY under the direction of your doctor, there are no meds on the shelf with the proper dose for a young child... and you should never guess... so if it's really bad call your ped and see what the suggest.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• little remedies has a whole line of natural medicines for infants and toddlers... you can pretty much find them at any grocery store or walmart even... they work wonderfully also!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 1:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2010