Remedy.....

What is a good remedy to take for a Kidney infection other than antibiotics or cranberry juice. Antibiotics make me sick and I cant stomach cranberry juice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Health

• Drink lots of water; at least 8 oz an hour.
    Take cranberry capsules
    Eat blueberries
    No caffeine, no alcohol, no spice foods

Answer by rkoloms at 12:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Well, those are good remedies for a BLADDER infection.
    I have no idea what to take for a kidney infection. DId you see a Doctor? And did he tell you what you should do for it? HAve you been diagnosed with a Kidney infection?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have been diagnosed with a kidney infection and he gave me antibiotics and they made me sick. He then told me to try cranberry juice cause it would flush my kidneys but that makes me want to throw up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It might be worth the throwing up over the course of the antibiotics, because kidney infections are no fun, and they don't heal on their own.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Kidney infections are something I wouldn't mess around and not treat. Lots of water will flush the kidneys, as will cranberry juice, but I don't know that it would clear an infection. There are cranberry pills you can buy as well. If you are determined to try and get by without antibiotics, you might try them with lots of water.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2010