what parts of the bible do YOU believe in?

just wondered. people seem to take the whole thing literally or seem to like to pick it apart. i understand that people will believe what they believe, but others will believe differently (as i'm sure we'll see here). what makes what you believe "right" or "correct"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe any of it "word for word" come on, it was written over 3000 years ago if you count the old testament. It's been translated and edited so many times that only a handful of people world wide have a clue about the older versions.

I think it has great IDEAS in it.

I believe Jesus died so that everyones sins can be forgiven. and I mean EVERYONE'S not just Christians.

the rest is great bed time reading though... some great little stories to read kids before bed and some nice stuff that will knock you out quicker than a sleeping pill.
    Anonymous

• What parts of the bible do YOU believe in?

"In the beginning there was darkness..."

...and that's about all...

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• That we should treat each other with love and respect. It seems a lot of Christians ignore that part, and it's sad because as far as I'm concerned (as a non-Christian who has studied the Bible) that is the most important message in the whole book.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Everyone has an opinion....it's just an opinion. We don't have to agree...but it would be decent to give others the respect that they deserve for their opinions as you would want also...that is the golden rule!

I believe that the Bible is a living book...of God's words. Recorded by men for men. It's translation is living...to each person who reads it. It is written that those who read and are not of the spirit will not understand what is written. When one walks with God, he leads them to greater and greater understanding.

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I believe in the major Bible stories, but other then that nothing. I also dont believe that Isaac is the chosen son of Abraham. Ishmael was...If people will stop being stupid and reading things for what they are they would understand!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I believe from Genesis to Revelation. Not other additional book. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine for reproof for correction for instruction in righteouness...."
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i have no clue any more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• JcRestoredme: Ditto.. I totally agree with u.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I echo JCRestoredme and bonn777. In the entire, completed Word of God.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I beleive all of it the bible says to not add anything to the word or do not take anything from it. God spoke everything and Im going to go by the whole thing.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2008