Bottle and Sippie cup...

What is the difference between the bottle and sippie cup as far as the health of your childs teeth? My daughter is 13 months and has been off the bottle since she was 12 months. I did this because her doctor suggested she be off the bottle by 1. I don't see that big of a difference between the sippie and bottle though. She has started picking up regular cups and drinking from them..but when she is finished drinking she tends to throw the cup...making a big mess. Should I work with her on using a regular cup without throwing it?? I don't want her teeth to rot out!! I also don't want to rush her if she is not ready.

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just make sure you brush her teeth atleast twice a day and don't let her fall asleep with a cup with milk or juice in it...water is okay though :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• A friend of mine actually used plastic shot glasses to get their daughter to drink out of a cup without spilling. That way if you do have a spill it's only an ounce or two. Just keep up on the brushing!!!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010