how many times a day do u breastfeed or bottle feed ur one year old baby?

can u share w/ me the eating schedule of ur one year old baby?
just trying to see if im doing things right.
Tx

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my one year old?....well in the morning i fix him oatmeal and a sippy with milk then for lunch he eats something like mac and cheese and a banana and a cup of juice for snack he gets some kind of fruit or graham crackers and milk then for dinner he eats what we do and juice and before bed he can have milk and fruit if he wants it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• they need about 32 oz of breast milk or formula a day. Bast fed babies thrive best when fed on demand, without a schedule. I don't bottle feed, so I don't know about formula.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I was beginning to wean when my son was one.
    He would have solids for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as snacks throughout the day. I nursed him before bed and sometimes in the morning or to help him nap in the afternoon.
    My daughter is now 10 months old and she still nurses throughout the day and night. She has solids for breakfast, lunch and dinner but she nurses for snacks.
    Whatever works for you and your baby is what is right. Don't worry about it, he will wean when he is ready.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• When he wanted it. We chose to wean around 18 1/2 months. He was still having a fair amount of breast milk at 1 year, several times a day and night.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• 6:45 a.m- wakes up and nurses
    8:30-I usually feed him some cereal, oatmeal, cream of wheat, or corn meal along with some mashed up fruit (he still only has four teeth and loves to swallow whole chunks if I don't mash them up. He's thrown up before if he swallows too big of chunks).
    9:30-11:00 a.m., nap, followed by nursing
    1:30- Lunch, usually rice meal or beans or something like that with some mashed veggies.
    2:30 to 4:00, another nap, then nurses again when he wakes up
    6:00-supper, more of some variation of fruit/veggies/ grains (we're vegetarian)
    I'm trying to remember to offer him water about an hour before his meals. Of course, our days aren't this cut and dry, this is just a basic sketch. And he's very healthy.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My daughter's Schedule is this ...

8:30 Wake Up - Diaper Change
    8:45-9:00 - Breakfast - 5 Oz's Milk - She still uses a bottle. Breakfast can be anything from eggs to cinnamon toast, fruit to PB and J Sandwich.

11:30-12:00 - Lunch Time - This can be anything from leftovers to a spur of the moment dish. - 5 Oz's Milk

12:30-1:00 - Nap Time - She gets an 8 oz bottle with nap time.

4:00 - Snack - Cheerios, Graham crackers, Goldfish Crackers, or Cheese-Itz

6:00-6:30 - Dinner Time - Usually whatever we're having unless it's something she can't eat or doesn't like.

8:30-9:00 Bedtime - 8 oz bottle.

My two year old follows a similar schedule, just maybe a half hour to an hour later then her times.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My dd isn't quite 1 year, she's 11 months old. Normally she nurses when she gets up in the morning, then we do breakfast of fruit and cereal an hour later, then she nurses and goes down for a nap. She'll nurse before lunch, then lunch is usually rice and veggies, or soup, something similar. Then she'll nurse mid afternoon. For a snack she'll have some fresh fruit, yogurt melts, cheerios, or puffs and water or cow's milk (the milk is fairly recent). Then for dinner she eats what we eat, like tonight she chowed down on mushroom risotto and peas,she wasn't a fan of the chicken but she ate plenty risotto and peas. Then she will nurse before she gows down for the night. She will also nurse once in the middle of the night still more often than not.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Let's see...she gets up around 730 and gets breakfast...a bowl of oatmeal or a pancake or something. She plays for a bit the has a snack( goldfish, banana, whatever) around 10. We eat lunch at noon she eats what I feed my son it changes every day. I bf her at 1 before her nap. She wakes up around 3 ans will have some animal. Crackers and milk or juice. We eat dinner at 5 she eats what we eat, snack at 630 ( yougurt, or oatmeal depending on what breakfast was). I nurse her around 7 and put her to bed. She nurses a few times during the night
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My 1 year old was weaned, so he wasn't getting breast or bottle. Hewent straight to 2 cups of milk/day in a sippy cup and water after that. He ate 3 meals and 2 snacks.

Answer by missanc at 8:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Nurse on demand, three meals two snacks a day. Really simple.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2010