Any good recipes for pheasant??

I have some pheasant thawing out in my fridge and was just wondering if anyone had any different ideas on how to make it. Thought about trying to brown it and then simmer it in White Zinfindel wine until reduced into a sauce. Any other ideas?? Usually just chunk it up and fry it to make chislic but wanted some new and creative ideas!

MommysAngels810

Asked by MommysAngels810 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I've only had it one way: DH cooked it in the crock pot with some seasonings (Lawry's I think, pepper, not a whole lot of stuff) and a little water. When it was done he took it all off the bones, cooked up some egg noodles, and mixed the meat, noodles, cream of chicken, and corn all together - like a chicken casserole. It was really good! (He's never gotten enough phesant since then to keep & cook - he gives his 1 or 2 to someone else he hunts with each time, grr.)
    Anonymous

• My DMIL would coat it in milk and flour and brown it ,then cover it with 1/2 & 1/2 and bake it until done.Wild game is not for me but everyone else loved it.

Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• my ex would put orange slices in the cavity and bake it with a mixture of wild rice and cream of mushroom soup... and that was it and it was very tasty
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2010