How will eating not fully cooked chicken effect me and my baby?

I made chicken in the oven and I cooked it for 45 mins. But I saw a little pink! Am I going to get really sick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Probably not. The risk is that it COULD have salmonella (sp) and that is very dangerous. But chances are that it didn't.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• don't worry yourself sick over it!

it can cause food poisoning. Bad for baby because you get dehydrated from all the puking.

don't stress out about it. If you start violently vomiting non-stop get to the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I don't think you're going to get really sick but by eating meats that are not fully cooked you run the risk of salmonella (ecspecially in chicken) if it was just a little bit of pink I'm sure you're going to be fine.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You may not but there is a chance raw or undercooked chicken can cause a few sicknesses. Just make sure to watch your body will tell you when something is not right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I dont think you will get terribly sick, most of us might have made that mistake before. Salmonella always jumps to our minds and food poisioning. But from the sounds of it, it didnt seem like you goobled a whole bloody bird so unless you are feeling different then normal and ill then go to the hospital, otherwise, enjoy yourself (and cook the rest of that chicken lol j/k)
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 12:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• it depends on how much pink...just be careful for the baby because eating raw or not fully cook chicken can possibly cause salmanilla poisoning and then you'd b sick...be careful
    thelook151

Answer by thelook151 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i still eat some pink meat. dont worry about it just dont eat it completely raw.
    Anonymous