Birth control opinions please...

I'm pregnant now and due in feb. And I don't know if I trust the birth control out there now. I hear very bad things about each of them. I can't decide on what to do after giving birth. Should I go on birth control and risk these associated health problems or force the SO to use condoms? And are there any new condoms out there that are pleasurable for both of us. I haven't used any birth control methods in a long time and am kind of out of the loop.
Any advice is much appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• we only use condoms...birth control makes me sick. trojan has some good ones :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Make an appointment with your dr and see which bc is right for you. He should be able to help you figure out which one is.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I love my mirena, but have had a few friends that hated it, the copper T doesn't have hormones in it (I think) so that might be a good option gl
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• What about FAM (fertility awareness method)? It is effective, free and perfectly safe. You just observe your fertility signs and abstain or use condoms when you are fertile.

Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. You can get it at the library, and it's totally worth it. You have to be diligent about using it, but it can definately be a good alternative for you.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If you're nursing use the mini pill, it is the least harmful to breastmilk (not counting barrier methods). You can also use Paraguard IUD, it has no hormones at all and I have heard great things about it. I wouldn't recommend Mirena unless you don't plan on nuring, it killed my supply and changed the composition of my milk. Other than that, I have heard great things about Nuva Ring and a lot of women safely use rgular bith control pills, you just have to talk to your doc about the right kind for you.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Ask him to consider a vesectomy. I'm so tired of teh fact that WE have to always shoulder most of the BC responsibility--while having to deal with weight gain, bloating DECRESED SEX DRIVE, mood swings, missed periods, side effects, complications, and always having to worry about pregnancy. ...sigh...

Plus--he can get it easier reversed rather then you tying tubes. His recovery would be faster, and only costs a few hundred vs thousands for tubligation.
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Also...if he refuses (like most men do unfortuantly), then the best I've used is The Sponge along with spermicide. No side effects whatsoever.
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2010