2 jobs

I work 2 jobs and still make so little that I have to claim partial unemployment to support my two children. Anyone find that horrible??? What happened to being able to support your children on 1 job?!?!?

MommysAngels810

Asked by MommysAngels810 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Okay, I'll bite... how does one claim "partial unemployment". You have to have been employed and then unemployed to qualify for unemployment.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If you were unemployed and then find part-time ork that does not add up to the amount of unemployment that you were claiming you can claim partial unemployment to make up the difference. Once you hit a certain dollar amount that you make from your jobs then you no longer qualify for unemployment benefits. I talked to the lady in the unemployment office to make sure this was all the way I was supposed to do it!!
    MommysAngels810

Comment by MommysAngels810 (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• OK... well I hope you find something to equal the total amount soon.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Me tii I'm tired of wondering where my money is coming from and tired of depending on the government to pay my bills.
    MommysAngels810

Comment by MommysAngels810 (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Dec. 10, 2010