scared to move on

It's been a year since my ex and I separated, divorce will be final this month. I waited 7 months before beginning to casually date. The last three months, I've been dating this guy whom I really like and could see a future with, he feels the same way, BUT when I really start thinking of taking things to the next level, like having him meet my son, I feel terrified. (I'm not planning on having them meet any time soon, it's just that tonight he said, you know if this goes on for another few months and we start a serious relationship, I'm going to have to meet your kid.) IDK why I'm freaking out about something so far in the future, but I am.

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I applaud you for being so careful. I imagine it must be so so hard to move on. Taking things slow is good but you have to try to let them progress if it feels right.

I have a friend whom is not even divorced et and pregnant and living with the guy and I don't understand that! I imagine I'd be like you being very careful and not just allowing any man in m kids life.
    Anonymous

• I'm glad to see that you're being careful (like the previous poster). I'm pretty sure that what you're going through is perfectly normal. Have you tried looking for a group on CM to help you out a bit? Anon also does have some good advice and thoughts for you.

Good luck.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Congratulations for taking things slow. Don't jump into anything and really, it's only been three months so you shouldn't even be thinking about something serious with him or anyone. Again...take it slow like you have and things will fall where and when they are suppose to.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2010