Right arm and fingers numb

For the last couple months of my pregnancy I have had a lot of issues with my right arm and fingers going numb pretty much when I am doing anything. It happens when I am sleeping, sitting on the couch watching tv, brushing my hair, cooking, anything. It's been driving me crazy. Is this normal? Will it go away after I am not pregnant anymore? Any other ladies deal with something like this? I know there's not much I can do about it...as far as I know that is.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 11:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My right thigh was numb for about 4 months of being pregnant. I mentioned it to the doctor and he said that is was pretty normal. When I had my baby everything went back to normal. I would mention it to your doctor and see what they say.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My mom used to get that while sleeping.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It's because of the water retention putting pressure on the nerves... totally normal. I, however, have that all the time due to a pinched nerve in my back. It's a PIA isn't it??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It's pregnancy-related carpal tunnel syndrome. When you're pregnant, you have more fluids in your tissues, and that can put pressure on the nerves running through the carpal tunnel, causing numbness and tingling. It's extremely common, and will likely subside post-pregnancy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i have the same issue with my left hand, i asked my dr about it yesterday and he said that my baby girl is laying on my sciatic nerve and theres nothing we can do about it
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 11:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2010