This would work wouldnt it ?

We recnetly bought a "vintage" house and it has the washer and dryer set up in a little sun room nook... so it is visable to anyone who comes over through the back door ( which seems to be where most of our guests have come in so far lol ) ...

anyways I have little shelves beside the washer and I thought it would be cute to get a big clear glass vase thing ( like a tall wide one with a glass lid on top) ..and I just assumed I would put my generic laundry detergent ( powder) in that and throw away the box... that way it just looks nicer......but my mother in law said it would make the detergent hard and lumpy... would it ? I dont want to do that and have it get hard and waste it ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If it's exposed to the air and moisture, it will get clumpy and not work well. You want to store it in the original box, and keep it closed.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would think as long as it has a lid it would be just fine. Probably, I venture to say, it would keep better then in the box. I mean after you open the box the lid is all lose on there anyhow. How is that loose lid keeping it "fresher"?
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:20 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• An open box isn't nearly as damp-proof as you might think. I live in a very humid region, and my detergent doesn't clump more than I can deal with, and it takes me more than a year to go through it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Sounds like a really cute idea :) Does the lid fit snug on the jar? If so, you shouldn't have any problems with clumping.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• that is what I thought too ( about the loose-ness of the box) ... and yeah the glass lid has the rubber thing around it to keep it sealed .... the sunroom / laundry room is a beachy theme... and I also thought it would look kind of neat since the detergent is white with little blue specs in it ( the walls are blue too )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Well you can always try it once and it it doesn't work don't do it again can't you? Live and learn I say.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2010