How do I get my daughter to keep her diaper on?

I have a daughter that recently turned 2. Right now she keeps stripping down and taking off her diaper. We figure that she is trying to tell us that she is ready for potty training, so we have introduced her to the potty chair, and we've tried to put pull-ups on her, but she just takes those off. Any advice on keeping the diapers on in the meantime?

bethgoedeken

Asked by bethgoedeken at 12:38 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Duct tape. Sounds crazy but it works.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Duct tape. A peice long enough to cover the front and go around a few inches beyond each tab, about 12 inches unless she's skinny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• well at that age mine liked running around naked. If anything I woud keep her in onsies or overalls.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• lol yep I used duct tape too
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• We would put the diaper on backwards and when that stop working we put it on backwards and then tape over the tabs (not on his skin, obviously, just over the tabs!)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• lol sorry I'm not laughing at you but at the mental image of a streaking toddler. Mainly because I've had 2 in my house! Keep pants over top of her diaper is the best solution I can come up with. It is a sign of being ready to potty-train. IF she still takes it off, don't scold, rather ask her if she wants to go potty. GL!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Have you tried regular underwear?
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 12:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• get zippered blanket sleepers without feet or cut the feet off and have her wear them backwords, with the zipper in back
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 12:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Try the 3 day method! I can send it to you if you want it. It's AWESOME! Then you won't have to deal with diapers at all! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have to keep Jeans, sweatpants, Pj bottoms on my 2 yr old at all times (except bath time of course) or he won't keep his diaper on either. I have also tried to get him to potty, but he is not interested yet. All he does is giggle when I put him on the potty.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2010