my 5 year old boy is coping everything his 6 year sis in everything she say and do and that makes her so mad is that okay?

he would do the same things she dose, if she says any word he says the same word, if she jumb he jumbs and if she eats he wants to have what she is having, and if she drinks water he will drink the same time too. he only plays with her or around her or if she is home he really flows her everywhere and she mad so mad. if his sis in not home he looks like a lost boy who dosent have anything to do. i got them the wii or he could play psp2 or i could turn on a movie for him and he could sit and watch but he dosent like to sit and do anything if she is not there but if she is home they fight about everything and again she gets mad cuz he only copies her. what can i do or say when she comes to me and say mom he is flowing me in my room let him get out or mom he is coping me dont give him that.it is crazy.i dont know what he likes and dont like cuz he waites for her to chose and then he says the same.i am sooooo taired.

nadin8

Asked by nadin8 at 1:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I barely understood everything you typed. It sounds like he wants to be like his sister. He may look up to her. Just let it go and stop worrying about it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It sounds like typical 5 year old behavior to me.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Explain to both of them that they each get some private, quiet, time and then gate off your daughter's room so she can have some alone time. Your son gets alone time too and if he can't entertain himself you need to guide him how to do some activities on his own. Make sure they both get one on one time with you and your SO too. That can go a long way in easing tensions. Plus play board games as a family can help too. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I think it is pretty typical, but I would tell him he needs to knock it off.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I agree that's typical....I would try to give her some "me" time just so it won't get to be over whelming and she may be resentful of her little brother..

zbee

Answer by zbee at 6:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I agree with KTMOM!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 9:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i would set limits.. .her room is her room... he needs to stay out...
    it is pretty typical however... to copy is the greatest form of flattery... it means he just really likes her...
    and i would get involved with doing something with him, sorry, but if he's looking lost i would suggest NOT pushing him infront of a TV or game system... sounds like he could use a little attention.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• He's supposed to copy her. He's learning how to be bigger, and she's bigger. It's annoying, but as the saying goes, Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010