does anybody kow what happened to alll the money that was supposed to have been raised an sent to HATI

just wondering cause they look even worse then b4 all the money was sent to rebuild hati....they still poverty stricken..an ppl are still sick,hungry,an dying..my cousin went over there recently to help..an she talked about how terrible it is over there

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I haven't got a clue.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I don't know either.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• neither do i..no one ever said anymore about the funds after it was collected an totaled..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• from what i understand that money has not been sent to them... sadly
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'm sure any monies sent were held up by the dictator that rules that country. Ever notice how the Domincan Republic side of Hispaniola is well developed, but the Haitian side is not?!

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1953959,00.html

This is why in this instance I opted to send material goods to Haiti, knowing full well, that the money was NOT going to get to the victims of the earthquake!  And I have never given to general "slush" funds like the American Red Cross--as the money goes towards THEIR operating costs and very little actually gets to the intended recipients.  Events like these, material and non-perishable items are more likely to get to the victims, as it's much harder to hold onto so much "stuff."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:21 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• The half a billion dollars Obama sent or all the money raised by texting Haiti?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Did anybody really think that the aid would be distributed without issue? Any time there is a major disaster and monetary aid pours through this happens. That's why I don't donate money either. If I can send goods or something, I will do that before I send money. I used to do the CFC campaign at one of my commands, and I would warn the students to pay attention to the percentages because that's how much went to the cause. The rest is overhead.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• What? You want to know what they did with it? LOLOL Thats why I send money through a well known group such as Drs. without borders not some text number
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• not some text number

The "some text number" was the Red Cross. That's why I'm asking which funds she wants to know about. The Red Cross money has gone to aid. The Obama money I haven't heard anything concrete, since they don't have to be as transparent about it as the RC does.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Here's where the "text Haiti" money has gone as of July - they update every 6 months, so a new one should be out soon:

http://www.redcross.org/www-files/Documents/pdf/international/Haiti/HaitiEarthquake_SixMonthReport.pdf

There's more info on their website about what they're doing about the cholera outbreak now, too.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2010