What is the meaning of your name if it has a meaning? Do you like it?

I saw in a recent post someone's name means palm tree and so is mine. My name is Tamara. When I was younger I hated the meaning of it because I wanted it to be something more exciting. But I get the whole reason why my parents gave me a name that had that meaning to it so now I don't hate it at all.

sweetpea1217

Asked by sweetpea1217 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My name is Amanda and it means deserving of great love. I have never hated my name, but SO many people have it.
    Mmmanduh

Answer by Mmmanduh at 1:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Domonique=God's Discipline <--freaky
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Mine's Linda --it means beautiful.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Cassandra- She who entangles men...haha
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My name is Audra and it is Lithuanian for storm. I didn't know that's what it meant until my best friend's Grandpa (he's from Lithuania) told me that's what it meant. I used to hate my name because no one could say it right...I was constantly being called Audrey or Andra...but since his Grandpa told me that I love my name a lot more!! (And honestly, it's kinda fitting! lol)
    tuckersmommy22

Answer by tuckersmommy22 at 5:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My name is Sarah and my name means princess :) i never hated my name .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• OP - That would be me! My full first name is Tamara. In the New Testament, it's Tamar (thay-mahr). I've always loved my name because it wasn't common when I was growing up. Now, I see women named Tamara Taylor and Tamara Tunie on tv shows like Bones and CSI: Miami (Miami-Dade, coincidentally enough, is where I was born.. Dade County, anyway). I don't like that people can't say it right (Tam-uh-ruh) even after I've told them how to pronounce it. I don't like going by Tammy; never have. I prefer Tam. I will still answer to Tamara.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• my name is Anna-Lisa...Anna means graceful...and Lisa means devoted to God.. LOL i'm neither!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My name is Yemisrach It is an Ethiopian's name, here people use the word Yemisrach to tell good news or surprise for others. I like my name.
    Yemi332

Answer by Yemi332 at 2:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My name means strength. It wasn't common when I was a kid, and still not as an adult. I've never hated it, but never loved it either.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2010