If you had an embarrassing last name like Bahls, Beaver, Butts, Dick, Smelly or whatever would you change it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah see this topic really disturbs me. I've had this conversation with dh lots of times. I don't understand why on Earth people keep tese horrible last names! Dh used to work as a customer service rep and he would come home telling me all these crazy names of people who called in. He said he often had to put his phone on mute because he was laughing hysterically. I don't know why anyone would want to put their child through teasing and worse-not getting a job interview and such because of the name. And trust me, there are MUCH worse names out there than you listed. Dh once spoke to a man named Wing Wong. I had a teacher in school that's last name was Raper! I seriously don't get it. It's so worth the effort and $ to have a name change!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• my last name was stoner but i'm married now and its brown. i'm so glad my last named is not stoner anymore,lol
    lilcalimom02

Answer by lilcalimom02 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I knew a person whos last name was Butt, his fathers first name was Harry, so Harry Butt..... LMAO it was so funny......
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 4:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• yep I probably would, but my daughters last name is bottoms.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I don't know that it would be embarrassing to everybody. If I was proud of my family history, I would not change my name. Just because someone CAN make a joke out of it, doesn't mean it has to be embarrassing. It is all how one takes it. Now, if my parents were jerks and I was tired of the jokes, I'd totally change it!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 8:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I was friends with a guy in high school whose last name was Raper. He had 2 brothers and they each have lots of kids, so their are lots of Rapers now, but in school their were just 3 and people made fun of the name.

My husband has a cousin named Ben Dover. Everyone laughs at it.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 9:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I say that I would. Have to be in that position though. I had a friend in high school who's last name was Schit. The "c" being silent of course. She got teased like crazy.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2010