My daughter is 7 months old. She has a horrible cold with these symptoms: stuffy nose, congestion, a terrible cough, and tonight her pee smelled a little funny! I guess my question is what can I do to help her breathe a little better and get her back to her playful joyous self! Thank you!

AandJsbaby430

Asked by AandJsbaby430 at 2:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is going through exact same thing and she's a year and seven months im thinking it's allergies .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 2:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• my 4 year old has that right now and hoping my 5 month old wont get it :( but saline drops for nose, lots of liquids, steam shower would help(let the hot water run for a few, get the bathroom steamy,then sit in the bathroom with her for 10-15 mins) little bit of vicks on chest, keep her head slightly elevated, and lots of cuddle time..poor baby :( oh and emergenC for momma :)
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 2:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Call her dr. She is too young for cold/cough med though, I can tell you that. I would clear her nose with a nasal aspirator and put saline drops in. Keep a cool mist humidifier in the room she sleeps in to help her breathe. Babies can't have honey either until they are 1 so don't give that. You really do need to call her dr because she has little immunity and this tim of year is especially dangerous, she could be getting the flu or even pnemonia.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:52 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would call the doctor, they may want to give her some medicine as in this time of year, things can go to pneumonia fast.
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 5:21 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would vote for the doctor as well. Everything is so serious when you have a baby under 1. They can't eat loads of things and they can't have too many medicines. So definitely doctor.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i use a cool mist vaporizer to help with congestion. Im sure you will call the doc though.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 10, 2010