thanksgiving is coming up...this yr is different...is just me and my children...so, really a whole turkey is toooo much for the three of us...does anyone have any suggestions..?...i dont want my kids to miss out on the turkey dinner, etc..but like i said...its too much...so i need some suggestions.thanks...

damarisperez

Asked by damarisperez at 12:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Food & Drink

• What about cooking everyone one of those little cornish hens? That's all I have, sorry :(
    HippieChick14

Answer by HippieChick14 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You can still do a turkey just one of the really small ones that is meant for a 5 person family. Chances are you're still going to have some left over, but you can use it in the days after to make different types of meals
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Maybe get just a turkey breast?
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• A small turkey, a turkey breast, or even a chicken.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'm buying the biggest turkey I can find for my family of 4. Thanksgiving is all about the leftovers as far as I'm concerned! A handy tip is to clean the turkey, then freeze the leftovers in a gallon freezer bag with a bit of gravy. It tastes great that way, and the gravy helps keep freezer burn away. You can have sandwiches, soup, turkey salad (think chicken salad), all sorts of stuff! Yummy!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:23 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• a turkey breat
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 12:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• How about turkey breasts?? I made two of those last year, cuz only a few of us actually like turkey, so for them I made them and it was a perfect amt for 4-5 people, so if its just 3, you will have just enough left over for the next day :) I havent read any of the previous comments, so if this was already recomended sorry :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• like what everyone else said just a turkey breast!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• FOSTER ARMS HAS THE PACKS OF 2 TURKEY LEGS. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE SMELL OF TURKEY ON THANKSGIVING DAY!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• OOPS LOL FOSTER FARMS HAS LEGS!!!!! NOT ARMS
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2008