A place to have a custom blanket made in TN?

I'm trying to find a business or person who can make a blanket or quilt for me. I will buy everything thats needed and gladly pay a reasonable price for them to do it but everywhere I look online they want $200 or more.
I can't sew strait to save my life but I would really like to have this as a gift for someone so I need help :)

I'm in Middle TN if that helps any.

aj23

Asked by aj23 at 3:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would suggest you post that on Craiglist and state what price you are willing to pay. You might try going into a craft store like Michael's or JoAnn Fabrics-they're full of ladies who know how to sew and might do it for you or at least know someone who will.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Quilts are very time consuming. Size has everything to do with price. $200 for a custom twin is not put of the ordinary. If you are looking for a baby size quilt more like $100 would be average. Design also plays a factor. An "arounf the world..or log cabin is much more work than another more simple pattern. Quilting is a great deal of detail work. All you can do is shop around.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• There are no craft stores near me, its an hour drive to get to one. I may try craigslist.

Im not wanting a traditional type quit. I know the work that goes into them and I have paid $700 for an Amish made one and it was worth every cent.
    For this one I just want a simple block style and in the ditch stiching and for it to be a little larger than lap size. I just think $200 is too much considering I'm paying for all supplies too.

aj23

Comment by aj23 (original poster) at 3:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• have you heard of www.etsy.com it is amazing. You can buy things from people who have already made them or put in an order an people will bid on it and tell you what they can do and the costs and you would choose. I've ordered things from there its great.
    MelaneesMommie

Answer by MelaneesMommie at 4:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You should check out http://www.emtannerdesigns.com/

The woman is from Knoxville so delivering it to you will not cost a lot and she's amazing!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 4:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• $200 dollars sounds pretty reasonable depending on the size
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 6:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• try local enquires?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:15 AM on Dec. 13, 2010