First Response

They are supposed to be able to tell you if your pregnant or not 5 days before your missed period, So if my period was supposed to be tuesday would it still give me the correct answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I believe it would. Just take it first thing in the morning, the morning you have the best chances for accurate results.
    MelaneesMommie

Answer by MelaneesMommie at 3:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• The more pregnant you are, the more accurate the test becomes because the pregnancy hormone found in your urine will have higher levels. I used First Response with 2 pregnancies and always liked them best. I recommend peeing in a cup first thing when you wake up in the am to ensure your levels are at their highest and that you thoroughly soak the test with enough pee. Sometimes you can't pee for as long as the test wants holding it in the stream lol. Or at least I never could...
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• On the packet, some where in small print, it tells you how it's accurate for so many % of women early on. I think the early test is only accurate for somethbing like around 50% of women, quite high but not if you're in the 50% who don't have higher levels of hcg at that time!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:59 AM on Dec. 10, 2010