• In the Spotlight:

hemorrhoids

waaaaahhh :( how do you know when its time to bring it up to your doc, and have them removed? i've tried everything for forever (over a year) and there are one or two that won't go away but aren't uncomfortable, but i recently developed a few more that are painful. has anybody had them removed or otherwise taken care of? what is the procedure like? painful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• I think that when they start to bleed badly, and it really hurts call the doc.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• When you are asking here, it's time to do sometihng about them! Sure, you could tie them off with rubberbands or leave them as they are. How bad can an operation be compared to either of those? In the end, you will have your problem solved. If you have tried everything else, it's time to do it.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 12:48 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• To me, when it's time to call the doctor would be when I can't stand the pain anymore. I've had them on and off since my last pregnancy, believe it or not, but most times they're survivable. However, when I started some new medication and the side effects were mostly gastric, they became painful enough that I couldn't sit comfortably, and couldn't stand comfortably either...and going to the bathroom became something to dread with fear. That's when I went to the doctor. He gave me an anesthetic cream and zinc oxide. It took a few days, but it was better, for me, than surgery and all the risks that includes, so I was grateful for the option!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2008