I am on the mirena birth control and i think that i am pregnant. Can you still have a normal healthy pregnancy if you got pregnant while on mirena?

Gidget45

Asked by Gidget45 at 4:48 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would talk to your doctor, it is so extremely rare for someone to get pregnant on the IUD. However from what I know if in that very rare case someone does they would most likely miscarry the baby. I do know from experience that on the IUD you sometimes can have symptoms of being pregnant (occasionally), when in fact you are not.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 4:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If you are pregnant, you need to have it taken out asap.
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 5:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I agree with leasure0911. Have it taken out asap. There is a chance to get pregnant with it though. I had one when I got pregnant with my last child. They said it came "out of place".
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It needs to come out!! You have a greater chance of losing the baby if you don't you can't carry a baby heathly with it still in!!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 10:22 AM on Dec. 10, 2010