Is salmon in a can or pouch any good?

I've never tried salmon and DH HATES salmon in general (but that's the only fish he doesn't like lol), so I don't want to buy a ton of it and it seems like from a can or pouch would be pretty easy to work with.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 5:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Pouch is good. Doesnt have all the bones like canned does that you have to remove. I make salmon patties too, yummmm.
    almightycookie

Answer by almightycookie at 6:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have had it from a can as a salmon cake. add breadcrumbs, seasonings a little mayo, then fry it up
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I love it from a can I haven't done the pouch thing. I just add cracker crumbs & egg to it mix it together form into patties and fry it it dosn't take too long in the pan.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I like the bones in the can.. they add a nice crunch to the mix and I like that you can actually chew them with out choking. But I am a snob and generally only eat salmon that DH caught.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 10:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Canned is okay, but you have to debone it and there are A LOT of them. I like the "fresh" filets and steaks that I get from Sams. Seared with a little EVOO or butter ... yummy! I have a griddle thing with a nonstick surface that does salmon wonderfully. Salmon patties are good too.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Pouch is better than can!
    Anonymous

• I buy the salmon in the pouches to make salmon cakes and everyone loves it. The canned is a MESS to work with. Easier to pay the extra 50 cents or whatever to get the pouches and they are usually on sale or even BOGO.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:14 AM on Dec. 11, 2010