Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discharge- yeast infection?? adult content

I just had a cottage-cheese like discharge. It was maybe about a teaspoon in amount. It did not smell. There is no chance I have an STD. I read online it could be a yeast infection. Dont yeast infections usually itch? I just had a PAP done 2 days ago. Would the doctor be able to tell me if it was a yeast infection (or something else) when the results come back? What else might this discharge mean? Should I dismiss it as something weird unless it continues to happen?

I forgot to add I recently stopped birth control pills.


Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Yeast infections usually itch. I would call your doctor and ask if some discharge is normal after a pap smear. I think my doctor told me that years ago, but I am not sure.

    Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

  • It may be some other vaginal infection because there's more than 1 kind. I'd say it's definitely not a yeast infection though because I've had 2 and OH MY! It was the worst itching I've ever had and I've had chicken pox and eczema most of my life and nothing compared to that!

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

  • There are so many different issue's that can cause discharge, though it sounds like it is some sort of infection, since it looks like cottage cheese. Depending on your doctor & the tests he ran, it might not show up on your results! I strongly suggest that you call your doc back & be seen again. Most likely it is something simple that can be treated with antibiotics, but from my personal experience it's better to be safe now than it is to be sorry later. Also, GOOD doctors say that if a woman has symptoms for 2weeks or if it is a recurring issue such as once a month or every couple weeks, than they need to seek care. Even if they have been told by another doctor that what they are experiencing is a "normal woman" problem. Doctor's & society tend to write off "female" problems as normal, but the truth is it is not normal. So I always suggest seeking care until you have answers and the problem is taken care of. Good luck!

    Answer by Hope4Teal at 5:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

  • If the cottage cheese discharge is getting worse or is bothersome go to your dr and tell him to do a test for bacterial vaginosis. I had the same kind of looking discharge. Whatever your decision is to do about it I wish you good luck.

    Answer by sweetpea1217 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

  • I woudl at least call to see if your dr wants to see you.

    Answer by KTMOM at 10:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • Make sure once a year you get a STD tests

    Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 4:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2010