My husband has an addiction problem. It is not drugs or alcohol or women.

I always get go to ga but I just want some words of wisdom that I can say to him to keep up the good work from his battle with gambling.Thanks to all who respond.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband was almost recovered by the time we met. He relapsed once after we got together where he said he couldn't make it to meet my friends because he didn't have enough money. Later he told me it's because he has gambled his paycheck. I was calm about it and said don't let it happen again. What really did it, is us having kids. He knows if he spent money it would be taking food out of their mouths. I do let him go play poker once a year as long as he doesn't lie to me about it, leaves all cards at home, and only brings a set amount of cash. He knows I'm watchful of him, we share a checking account, and he would disapoint he kids, So I think it's hard for him to go gamble, but I don't think I'm hard on him about it. The only good thing coming out of this, is we decided to elope, but we couldn't go to Vegas so I HAD to get married in the Bahamas! (Except when we arrived, I found I book a hotel right next to a casino)
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I think the best thing would be to tell him often how proud you are of him, not only for controlling his addiction but for other things as well.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Also - I watched "Two for the Money" with Al Pachino and it made me understand the gambling addiction a little more.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2010