Why do people do this?

When you don't agree with the Christian aspect of things, they tell you that's Satan making you think that.

In other words, they are just right about everything and no matter what you say, its either Satan making you disagree or God/Jesus making you agree, but no matter what they aren't wrong.

Why do they do that? Its so frustrating.

What do you do when people are like that?

Its like they are sooo brainwashed there's really no hope for them to even listen to any other ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why do they do that? Its so frustrating.  Yes, it is.  And I wish I knew why they do that, too.  It's like arguing with a two-yr.-old.  What do you do when people are like that?  I have recently taken to looking them straight in the eyes and saying, "Nope, it's the other way around.  Satan takes orders from ME!"  Its like they are sooo brainwashed there's really no hope for them to even listen to any other ideas. Yes, we non-believers have told them this very fact repeatedly.  They ARE brainwashed.  And I think the newsflash is that THERE ARE MORE THAN TWO ANSWERS in the world. Everything ISN'T black or white.  If more than one person is telling you you're brainwashed, maybe you'd better take it into consideration. If it sounds like a godzombie, walks like....well, you know. 

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Basically, because that is how they explain things in the world. If it is not FOR God, then it is against God. If it is against God- it was caused by Satan. This is what they believe, there is no discussing any other option. For them it's just that simple really. My mom and her side of my family are all pretty much this way. We/ I have told her that I won't discuss God/ religion with her anymore.

*yes I realise there are some more mellow christians -this does not apply to ALL of them*
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Why do people do this?

Lack of basic cognitive reasoning skills.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Witchqueen... You believe Satan takes orders from you? Come off it Shan. Even I, as a natural blonde, understood that as a JOKE. it her atheistic response to people who insist satan is in control of her.  I do agree that satan has no power unless one is to give it to him. However as an agnostic/atheist a disbelief in God also equates to a disbelief in His counterpart Satan. Neither exist therefore neither can manipulate anyone. That is why we can joke about giving the orders to satan. Imagination is fun. Now before you go all "Satan is controlling your mind..." on me, I don't believe in him so he holds no power over me.  Now back to the original question...I have no idea why they do this. It doesn't matter though. i refuse to give power to their imaginary beings. Like Beeky tune out and turn off. LOL NP!!!

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Satan isn't making you think that. You being Human is making you think that. Faith is a choice. Yes I believe Satan can influance you but he can't MAKE you not believe in something any more than God can MAKE you believe in him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I usually tune out and turn off.   

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Satan temps people. Satan appears in many forms, like the serpent in the Garden of Eden. He tried to temp Jesus times and failed. He will always fail when faced with Christ. The Bible says in Christs' name Satan has no choice but to flee at just the mere mention of Christ's name. That is how weak and powerless Satan is. All he can do is tempt and whjen he succeeds in turning someone from God he is happy. He wants to recruit as many as he can for Hell.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Satan can't force you to do something but he can sure temp you.

You choose not to believe it, I choose to believe it with out a doubt so I guess we are at am impasse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Santa is getting blamed for everything these days!!!!

Answer by older at 8:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I agree with the if you aren't with me (my God) your are against me (my God) and, thus, must be on the "other" side.

NEWSFLASH: there are >2 sides yo everything.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 8:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2010