Do you get nervous when Aunt Flow is late...

Even if you KNOW you aren't pregnant??? I knew it was highly, highly, highly unlikely this month, but was one day late and was all in a tizzy. It reminded me of being in high school. When I was 15 or 16, I had not even had sex...ever...and if it came late I would still freak out. I would think..."what if those rumors about getting pregnant by sitting on a toilet seat are true? My mom would NEVER believe me!" LOL.

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 8:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LoL... I was like that in school too... when i was like 12 or 13 and I started thinking about sex ( not doing it just started learning and thinking of it) ... and my period was late I remember laying awake at night thinking OMG...I wonder if I can get pregnant by thinking about sex... LOL....

I had my period at the begining of November and before that I didnt have one until last november ( I have PCOS so I skip alot) ... and every month I knew that it was VERY doubtful but I would still worry lol.... right now I should have gotten it again already but I ahvent... I acutally hope it doesnt come right now because I have a pap smear ina few days and i have already had to reschedule my appt like 3 times and if I do it one more time I bet they wont let me come back lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Hahahaha! Well, at least I'm not the only one. We have been careful, but my husband is apparently very fertile because the ONLY three times we ever had sex fully unprotected since we've been together...(meaning not pulling out or anything)...I got pregnant. He's the youngest of ten, so if fertility is hereditary we're screwed. LOL. I just find it funny.
    ErinHill226

Comment by ErinHill226 (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Kind of, but for a different reason.

I'm 35. My mom had a hysterectomy after I was born. My gramma had one when my mom was in HS. As far as I know, none of the women in my family have gone through a "natural" menopause for several generations, so I have no idea when I will either. My dr told me several years ago it was "possible" I'm peri-menopausal....

So every time Auntie is late, I find myself wondering if this is the month I start being menopausal.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Nope, tubal! AND cannot wait, have my hysterectomy scheduled.. death to Aunt Flow!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Nope I have an IUD.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Thank God I don't have to worry about that anymore! Post-meno and a recent hysterectomy. Freedom!!
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 3:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010